At the end of each and every season, Major League Baseball awards one player from each position with the Gold Glove Award. This award is designed to honor excellence in fielding at that respective position. Nine individuals from each league, plus a utility player, received Gold Gloves in 2022. Here’s a breakdown of the winners from each league.
Related: Which MLB hitters had the highest and lowest Hard Hit% in 2022?
- P: Shane Bieber (Guardians)
- C: Jose Trevino (Yankees)
- 1B: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Blue Jays)
- 2B: Andres Gimenez (Guardians)
- 3B: Ramon Urias (Orioles)
- SS: Jeremy Pena (Astros)
- OF: Kyle Tucker (Astros)
- OF: Myles Straw (Guardians)
- OF: Steven Kwan (Guardians)
- UTL: D.J. LeMahieu (Yankees)
Cleveland was a fundamentally sound unit in 2022, and the Guardians received recognition of that in the awards season. Four Guardians won Gold Glove awards, including AL Rookie of the Year finalist Steven Kwan and star pitcher Shane Bieber. The former Cy Young award winner won his first Gold Glove award in 2022.
World Series champion Houston had two winners, as Kyle Tucker and rookie shortstop Jeremy Pena also won Gold Gloves. Yankees infielder D.J. LeMahieu was the recipient of the inaugural Utility Gold Glove Award.
And for the National League:
- P: Max Fried (Braves)
- C: J.T. Realmuto (Phillies)
- 1B: Christian Walker (Diamondbacks)
- 2B: Brendan Rodgers (Rockies)
- 3B: Nolan Arenado (Cardinals)
- SS: Dansby Swanson (Braves)
- OF: Ian Happ (Cubs)
- OF: Trent Grisham (Padres)
- OF: Mookie Betts (Dodgers)
- UTL: Brendon Donovan (Cardinals)
J.T. Realmuto and NL MVP finalist Nolan Arenado cleaned up during awards season. Both Realmuto and Arenado won the Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards at their respective position.
Arenado won his 10th consecutive Gold Glove Award in 2022. The star third baseman was not the only Cardinal to win a Gold Glove. Rookie infielder Brendon Donovan won the Utility Gold Glove ward for the National League.
Other notable winners include Max Fried, Mookie Betts, and infielder Dansby Swanson.