The Great Race of ’98 Program in MLB The Show 23 went live on September 8, as did a new Conquest. Those who complete the Great Race of ’98 Conquest will receive points towards the program, as well as some hidden rewards. Here’s a look at everything that can be obtained in this Conquest.
Here’s a look at the map. It’s in the shape of the letters ’98.’
MLB The Show 23 players will need to take over eight Strongholds in this Conquest, seven of which belong to other teams. The teams in this Conquest are the Rockies, Yankees, Astros, Padres, Pirates, Cardinals, and Cubs in clockwise order.
Here are the five goals for this Conquest:
- Goal 1: Acquire 66M fans (rewards are Home Run Call Stadium Sound and 300 XP)
- Goal 2: Capture four enemy Strongholds (rewards are Rawlings bat, 200 Stubs, and 400 XP)
- Goal 3: Conquer 70 territories (rewards are Home Run Call Stadium Sound and 300 XP)
- Goal 4: Capture all seven enemy Strongholds (rewards are Diamond Duos Choice Pack Bundle, 500 Stubs, and 1,000 XP)
- Goal 5: Conquer all Territories on the map (rewards are Diamond Duos Choice Pack 35, 500 Stubs, and 1,000 XP)
Those who complete this Conquest receive 20 points towards the Great Race of ’98 Program. Much like many of the Conquests in MLB The Show 23, this one does not feature any Steal requirements. Just take over all the Strongholds and Territories, and you’ll be good to go.
The Hidden Rewards
Here’s a look at all the hidden rewards that can be found within the map:
- MLB The Show 23 pack (x5)
- Ballin’ is a Habit pack (x2)
- Diamond Duos Pack 30 (x1)
- Diamond Duos Pack 32 Choice (x1)
- Diamond Duos 3 Pack Bundle
Remember, make sure to use cards that can help make progress towards PXP and stat-based missions for programs that need to be completed. This can include the Great Race program itself, Topps Now, or the August Monthly Awards one, among others.